4.3 Dos and Don’ts regarding the landscape painting

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-9-7 13:39:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

Teaching Videos for Sutras and Mantras

Eng Audiovisual Book [Journey to Heaven & Hell]

Eng Audiovisual Book [Buddhisum in Plain Terms]

Words of wisdom in English

Setting Up an Altar

Do not frame the landscape painting. A blessed landscape painting has no boundary. Once it is framed, its energy will be limited.

Origin of the yellow landscape painting

Excerpt from Wenda20161216 51:08
(Master Jun Hong Lu’s call-in radio program)

You can’t find this landscape anywhere in the world. I sat next to a designer and told him how to create it on a computer step by step. I could see the mountain in Heaven, and I instructed him to paint it. You won’t find this landscape in the Human Realm. It’s nowhere to be seen. This landscape painting contains enormous power from Guan Yin Bodhisattva. It embodies both Yin and Yang— Water is Yin and the mountain is Yang. Hence, this image harmonises Yin and Yang. Hanging this landscape painting at home would produce great energy.

About the yellow landscape painting behind the altar

Do not place red cloth behind an altar

Excerpt from Wenda20141214A 02:06

Caller:
A practitioner doesn’t have a landscape painting for an altar yet. Can he place a piece of red cloth at the back of his altar first?

Master Lu:
No, otherwise Bodhisattva won’t visit.

The yellow landscape painting can only be placed behind the altar

Excerpt from Wenda20130714A 02:33

Caller:
Master, you advised us that the yellow landscape image can only be placed behind the altar.

Master Lu:
Yes. The yellow landscape painting can only be placed behind the altar like the one in the Guan Yin Citta Practice Centre, and not anywhere else in the house. Its function is totally different. The blue landscape painting can be used to regulate feng shui, whereas the yellow one is a sacred scene. A practitioner hung it elsewhere and saw a lot of Bodhisattvas in the image. In fact, this is not respectful to randomly place it. Why is it best to place this image behind the altar? This image is very magnificent. The mountain is spectacular and has been blessed by the Bodhisattvas of Guan Yin Citta Dharma Door. Once the mountain is blessed, it will have spiritual energy and spiritual influence. That’s why it is very beneficial to place it behind the images of statutes of Bodhisattvas, making it easy for Bodhisattvas to arrive or depart.

Caller:
I understand.

If the energy field of the hallway behind the altar isn’t good, a landscape painting can be used to regulate the feng shui

Excerpt from Wenda20131006B 01:57

Male caller:
A practitioner’s altar is located behind the wall of a corridor connecting a bedroom and a toilet. In this case, should he hang a landscape painting on the wall of the corridor?

Master Lu:
Of course. The image can be used to regulate feng shui and balance Yin and Yang.

The landscape painting

The mountain is Yang and the water is Yin. The image harmonises Yin and Yang and resolves negative energy fields.

It’s best to position the head of Guan Yin Bodhisattva’s image or statue in the halo above the mountain.

The height of the yellow landscape painting

Excerpt from Wenda20120608 01:22:52
Caller:
Should we stick the yellow landscape painting on the wall behind the altar? What’s a suitable height?

Master Lu:
Yes. The mountain can be slightly higher than the image or statute of the Bodhisattva. Try to have the Bodhisattva’s back against the mountain and the feet on floating clouds, which is water.

Things to watch out for when sticking the yellow landscape painting

Excerpt from Wenda20130712 04:35
Caller:
I want to invite the Bodhisattvas off the altar temporarily so that I can stick the landscape painting to the wall. Is there anything I should pay attention to?

Master Lu:
Do it only when the incense and the oil lamp are extinguished. You should also keep reciting the Heart Sutra during the whole process.

Caller:
After offering morning incense, I’ll recite the Heart Sutra while inviting Bodhisattva’s images off the altar after the incense is fully burnt. Is it okay if I clean these images as well?

Master Lu:
Yes.

When the landscape painting fades, can we replace it with a new one?

Excerpt from Wenda20151023 33:06
Caller:
As time goes by, the colour of the landscape painting behind the altar fades. Will this have any effect? Should we replace it with a new one?

Master Lu:
You can leave it for now and replace it later when the colour becomes too light. Things in the human world can be replaced, including the landscape painting which belongs to the human world. However, things in Heaven can’t be replaced. Therefore, you need to keep the Bodhisattva’s images even if the colour fades a lot.

Caller:
Okay, if the colour of the landscape painting becomes very light and I would like to replace it, what scriptures should I recite?

Master Lu:
You can just replace it. The new one will look much brighter, which would make the Bodhisattva happy and you will be filled with joy too.

The yellow landscape painting should not be lacking water

Excerpt from Wenda20161127A 46:33
Caller:
Hello Master. A practitioner recently got a yellow landscape painting for her altar. However, the image only has the mountain but no water. Is this okay?

Master Lu:
That’s not good. The mountain and water form Yin and YangYin and Yang need to harmonise. If there’s only a mountain in the image, the Yang energy will be too strong. A landscape image without water is like a family without a female, it loses a sense of security.

文章推荐

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|慈爱心灵

GMT+8, 2024-6-3 05:08 , Processed in 0.075724 second(s), 19 queries .